Excellence in music is a product of hard work and a strong foundation of fundamentals. To facilitate excellence, the Hopkinton Music Department, in conjunction with the Hopkinton Music Association, is once again sponsoring an after school private lesson program. Please read this letter carefully and return the attached form to your child’s music teacher.
Professional music teachers and performers offer lessons for all band instruments, strings,and voice. Lessons are available at a rate of $25.00 per half-hour lesson. Lessons are discounted to $23.00 per half hour if lessons are paid in full and in advance. Students may elect 45 minute and hour lessons at the rate of $37.50 and $50.00respectively.
1. A $20.00 registration fee must accompany the registration form. Checks should be made payable to: Hopkinton Music Association. If there are multiple registrations per family, the registration fee is capped at $30.00
2. Tuition for lessons must be paid for in advance.
3. Lesson payments are due in two installments. A payment schedule is included with this notice. Lessons will be discounted to a rate of $23.00 per half hour lesson($34.50/ 45 minute and $46.00/hour) if both semesters are paid in full by September21, 2012.
4. Students are expected to be at every lesson. THERE ARE NO EXCUSED ABSENCES FOR LESSONS. All lessons must be paid for whether they are attended or not. The after school lesson program is a tuition program. Lessons will only be made up if the teacher must cancel for illness or a professional reason.
5. Lessons are scheduled only when school is in session. If a lesson falls on a release day, the regular lesson schedule will be maintained.
6. Lessons are scheduled M- F 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM depending on teacher availability.
7. If school is canceled or there is an early dismissal due to inclement weather, lessons will be cancelled. The teacher will schedule a make-up lesson.
8. If you are unable to attend a lesson, as a courtesy, please call the teacher. The lesson will not be made up.
9. All previous financial obligations to the Hopkinton Music Association must be met before lessons are scheduled.
10. Participation in the Private Lesson Program will be cancelled if payments for the lessons are not made.
This is an excellent program open to all students. I highly recommend that all students interested in developing their musical skills take advantage of this program.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please feel free to contact meat the high school at 497-9820 X 1154 or by email at Syavarow@Hopkinton.k12.MA.US .
Steven T. Yavarow